« When will the Feds Mandate Brain Scans? |
| World's First Brain Prosthesis? »
March 13, 2003
Buildings that Soothe the Mind
Why is art such a conspicuous feature of all societies? Why are certain sights and sounds more pleasing than others? Although most people believe that artistic tastes are entirely dependent on cultural influences, there is a small group of neuroscientists who are searching for more innate reasons.
Neuroaesthetics is attemping to understand how art and architecture arouse aesthetic experience by starting from the basis of emotional and sensory experience. The movement is young, but in time may provide some interesting suggestion on how to design more soothing hospitals and intellectually arousing schools. It's all about the Look and Feel.
| Category: Neuroesthetics
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Chinese Cover of The Neuro Revolution
- The Neuro Revolution Lands In China
- How Neuroscience Will Change the World - My Interview on Reason.tv
- Neuroscience Hearing on Capitol Hill Wednesday Sept 29, 2pm
- The Neuro Revolution Published in Japan as "Neuro Wars"
- Neurotech 2010: Translational Researchers Highlight Innovation
- The Neuro Revolution in China Progressing
- Speakers for Neurotech 2010 - Boston, May 19-20