« Accelerating Innovation with Neuroceuticals |
| Neurocompetitive Advantage »
October 9, 2003
Athletes provide a valuable preview of how far humans will go to succeed. Examples abound of professional athletes exploiting cutting edge technology to excel beyond their competition. One new device professional athletes are currently adopting in force is The Glove. The Glove significantly improves physical endurance by accelerating the dissipation of heat from an athlete. This allows them to rapidly cool their overheated bodies to a temperature where the bodys physiology runs most efficiently. Invented just a few years ago, The Glove is now regularly used throughout the National Football League to help exhausted running backs regain their stamina between plays. Is this enablement or enhancement?
| Category: Neuroethics
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Chinese Cover of The Neuro Revolution
- The Neuro Revolution Lands In China
- How Neuroscience Will Change the World - My Interview on Reason.tv
- Neuroscience Hearing on Capitol Hill Wednesday Sept 29, 2pm
- The Neuro Revolution Published in Japan as "Neuro Wars"
- Neurotech 2010: Translational Researchers Highlight Innovation
- The Neuro Revolution in China Progressing
- Speakers for Neurotech 2010 - Boston, May 19-20