Here are a few (non-neuro) things I thought were worth pointing out:
1. Amazing photo: The colors of Orion.
2. Social networking map of book purchases.
3. Socialtext is hiring (primary requirement: superhuman) So is Technorati!
4. Deflation: M3 money supply since September has fallen over two percent, its largest decline in 60 years.
5. Why you should trust Josh Wolfe's nanotech blog.
6. Harvard's Nicholas Carr supports Carlota Perez's, author of IT Doesn't Matter model of recurring 50 year cycles of techno-economic waves and socio-political responses. I use this model in my book to predict the next fifty years, the neurotechnology wave (2010-2060).
7. Get ready to donate your old glasses to Glasses For Humanity. In developing nations, one billion peopleincluding many school-age childrendo not have access to the prescription eyeglasses they need, and another 1.5 billion people do not have the reading glasses they need.
8. Magnatune: Artists get a full 50% of the purchase price. And unlike most record labels, our artists keep the rights to their music.