« Connect the Dots |
| Multiple Sclerosis Drug Tysabri Pulled Off Market »
February 25, 2005
Why Are Illusions Fascinating?
Why do inverted faces lose their emotional meaning? Why do certain types of motion induced blindness? How can a few dots on a screen seem meaningless, but once set in motion become easily recognizable biological creatures?
Everyone, from young children to my 94 year-old grandmother are fascinated by optical illusions. During the 20th century vision science has made significant progress thanks to CRT displays and digital programming. Still, current technologies have inherent limits. For more illusions and to understand the science behind them I highly recommend visiting this amazing website.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Perception Shift
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Chinese Cover of The Neuro Revolution
- The Neuro Revolution Lands In China
- How Neuroscience Will Change the World - My Interview on Reason.tv
- Neuroscience Hearing on Capitol Hill Wednesday Sept 29, 2pm
- The Neuro Revolution Published in Japan as "Neuro Wars"
- Neurotech 2010: Translational Researchers Highlight Innovation
- The Neuro Revolution in China Progressing
- Speakers for Neurotech 2010 - Boston, May 19-20