« N Stands for Neurotech Company - 65 of Them |
| An Effortless Effort (Wu-wei) »
March 16, 2006
Make Up Your Own NeuroWord
Check out the blog Neurofuture. It is running a contest for Brain Awareness Week on who can come up with the most interesting 'neuroword':
What's a neuroword? One of the contest entries defines it: "neurologism: a word created by prefixing "neuro" to almost any normal word" Leave a comment with your word, definition, and contact info:
Like the neuroword neurosong? Those are both neologisms I coined. With the proliferation of relatively new terms like neuroethics, neuroaesthetics, neuromarketing, neuroeconomics, neurophilosophy, and many more, it's easy to get swept up in the neurohype and be a little creative. For me it started with a sci fi series I wrote and titled Neuropunk. When I discovered the name was already in use (it's also a bad title because it's too similar to cyberpunk and that grand neuroword, William Gibson's Neuromancer) I came up with a bunch more and haven't stopped since.
My words: Neurosociety, neuroceutical, neurocompetitive advantage, neurowar and neurotechnology.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Neurosociety
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Chinese Cover of The Neuro Revolution
- The Neuro Revolution Lands In China
- How Neuroscience Will Change the World - My Interview on Reason.tv
- Neuroscience Hearing on Capitol Hill Wednesday Sept 29, 2pm
- The Neuro Revolution Published in Japan as "Neuro Wars"
- Neurotech 2010: Translational Researchers Highlight Innovation
- The Neuro Revolution in China Progressing
- Speakers for Neurotech 2010 - Boston, May 19-20