« NIO Volunteers Needed for SFN Conference May 14-18 |
| Map of Mouse Brain Revealed to World by Allen Institute »
September 27, 2006
Brain Fitness Software Market Sprouts Wings
Spurred by the discovery of neuroplasticity, the aging baby boomer population and demand for safe interventions for childhood ADHD, software companies, large and small, are venturing into the realm of therapy and cognitive fitness. Venture investors are drawn by the potential of the large markets, lack of FDA involvement, and scalability of the software model.
Covering this emerging market is a new blog SharpBrains: Your Window into the Brain Fitness Revolution. Recent posts include the basic jargon of the cognitive fitness movement, a look at science behind brain fitness, an interview with an expert in working memory, and a post on the neuroscience of leadership that has a host of informative links. If you are interested in staying up to speed on the market or just want to check out the latest in brain exercises, I recommend taking a look at SharpBrains.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: VC for Neurotech
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Chinese Cover of The Neuro Revolution
- The Neuro Revolution Lands In China
- How Neuroscience Will Change the World - My Interview on Reason.tv
- Neuroscience Hearing on Capitol Hill Wednesday Sept 29, 2pm
- The Neuro Revolution Published in Japan as "Neuro Wars"
- Neurotech 2010: Translational Researchers Highlight Innovation
- The Neuro Revolution in China Progressing
- Speakers for Neurotech 2010 - Boston, May 19-20