« Bold Future of Neurotechnology in San Francisco Chronicle |
| Music Festival for Mental Health 2007 »
May 31, 2007
Cool Neurotainment Video Game Systems Emerging
It was only a matter of time that the $28 billion video game industry latched on to neurosensing technologies and tied them to futuristic video games.
Emotiv Systems has developed a new interface for human computer interaction. Project Epoc is basically a beautifully designed EEG system that connects wirelessly with all game platforms from consoles to PCs. Neurosky is another developer of sexy brain sensorware that collects brainwave signals, eye movements, and other bio-signals which are captured and amplified via their patented dry-active sensor technology. While NeuroSky's headset has one electrode, Emotiv Systems has developed a gel-free headset with 18 sensors. Besides monitoring basic changes in mood and focus, Emotiv's bulkier headset detects brain waves indicating smiles, blinks, laughter, even conscious thoughts and unconscious emotions. Players can kick or punch their video game opponent - without a joystick or mouse.
While most gamers won't be saying goodbye to their joysticks any time soon, these neurotainment technologies will surely pump up the extremely cool factor of cutting edge game experiences.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Neurosociety
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Chinese Cover of The Neuro Revolution
- The Neuro Revolution Lands In China
- How Neuroscience Will Change the World - My Interview on Reason.tv
- Neuroscience Hearing on Capitol Hill Wednesday Sept 29, 2pm
- The Neuro Revolution Published in Japan as "Neuro Wars"
- Neurotech 2010: Translational Researchers Highlight Innovation
- The Neuro Revolution in China Progressing
- Speakers for Neurotech 2010 - Boston, May 19-20