« Speakers for Neurotech 2010 - Boston, May 19-20 |
| Neurotech 2010: Translational Researchers Highlight Innovation »
June 15, 2010
The Neuro Revolution in China Progressing
My translator at the Science Press of China recently reached out to me for help on translating The Neuro Revolution for China. I found his correspondence interesting...
Although I have kept a good record of translation since 1978, with four national awards for my translational work in science and popular science fields, your book hitherto is the most challenging one, not only for its frontal knowledge, numeral quotations and latest slangs, but also unfamiliar areas for me, such as religion and jazz, either as topics outside my personal preference or as the consequence of China's long isolation from the world and hostile attitude towards ideologies and cultures different from what the government here wants to enforce. Now with your help, my confidence has been greatly enhanced.
The Japan translation is coming along well too. Should be out in Tokyo before the end of the year.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Neuro Revolution
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Chinese Cover of The Neuro Revolution
- The Neuro Revolution Lands In China
- How Neuroscience Will Change the World - My Interview on Reason.tv
- Neuroscience Hearing on Capitol Hill Wednesday Sept 29, 2pm
- The Neuro Revolution Published in Japan as "Neuro Wars"
- Neurotech 2010: Translational Researchers Highlight Innovation
- The Neuro Revolution in China Progressing
- Speakers for Neurotech 2010 - Boston, May 19-20