« The Neuro Revolution Published in Japan as "Neuro Wars" |
| How Neuroscience Will Change the World - My Interview on Reason.tv »
September 26, 2010
Neuroscience Hearing on Capitol Hill Wednesday Sept 29, 2pm
Please join me this coming Wednesday on Capitol Hill when the Oversight and Government Reform Committee has scheduled a hearing on "The Future of Neuroscience Research and Development." The hearing will be held at 2:00 p.m. in room 2203 Rayburn House Office Building, and I urge you to attend.
NIO's conversations with Congressman Kennedy and others on the Hill were the impetus for this hearing. We identified a need for a congressional examination of the government's existing coordination among neuroscience research arms and pressed for congressional exploration. During our meetings on Capitol Hill we have continually emphasized the importance of increased coordination in government neuroscience research, strong government support for innovative neurotech ventures, as well as increased resources for the FDA to enable efficient reviews of neurotech products.
I'd like to thank Congressman Kennedy for taking seriously our call of oversight and exploration of this important area as well as all of our members for their efforts and support.
Congressman Kennedy wanted me to pass on this personal letter from him regarding the neuroscience hearing next Wednesday at 2PM. We hope you can come.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: NIO
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Chinese Cover of The Neuro Revolution
- The Neuro Revolution Lands In China
- How Neuroscience Will Change the World - My Interview on Reason.tv
- Neuroscience Hearing on Capitol Hill Wednesday Sept 29, 2pm
- The Neuro Revolution Published in Japan as "Neuro Wars"
- Neurotech 2010: Translational Researchers Highlight Innovation
- The Neuro Revolution in China Progressing
- Speakers for Neurotech 2010 - Boston, May 19-20